Hampta Pass Trek with Chandratal
The Hampta Pass Trek is one of the most delightful treks in the Manali region of Himachal Pradesh. Hampta Pass Trek is a moderate trek with a scope for varying the duration to suit one's time. The beauty
of this trek is every day the landscape changes. You start the trek in thick forest and then enter in open valleys with a lush green cover of grass then the tree line stops and you cross to Hampta Pass and enter
the barren landscape of Lahaul & Spiti and visit Chandratal lake is icing on the cake. Hampta Pass Trek takes us over the majestic foothills of the Himalayas, the Pir Panjal Range, crossing at Hampta
Pass (14100 Ft.)
Himachal, with all its daunting trails covering the exciting nature around, has been a trekker’s, first love!
- Accommodation During the trek.
- All Meals Veg (Organic Mountain Food).
- Campfire at Campsite if (Available)
- Trekking Permit & Forest Camping Charges
- Safety Equipment (First Aid, Medical Kit, Oxygen Cylinder, Etc.)
- Service of an expert trek leader
- Service of an expert trek team (Guides, Cooks, helpers, porters, mules)
- Achievement Certificate
- Memories for a lifetime
5% GST Service tax.
Backpack offloading charges addition (Rs. 300/ Per Day/ Per Bag)
Personal expenses of any kind.
Anything apart from the inclusion.
- Backpack & Rain Cover (50-6literre)
- Day Pack & Rain Cover (2literlitre, If you a hire mule or porter)
- Milton Thermos (1ltr) (Avoid Bisleri Bottles)
- Hiking Shoes waterproofwater proof and with ankle support)
- Torch (With extra batteries)
- Glucose, ORS, Chocolates, biscuits, and dry fruits
- Personal Medical kit (If required)
- Original ID Card
- Trek Pants – 2 Nos. (Avoid Jeans, Shorts, Capri, Fitting Denims)
- T-shirts – 4 Nos. (2 Full Sleeves, 2 Half Sleeves)
- Sweater – 2 Nos. (1 Fleece, 1 Woolen)
- Jacket – 2 Nos. (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Thermal Wear – 1 Nos.
- Gloves – 2 Nos. (1 Woolen, 1 Waterproof)
- Socks – 5 Nos. (3 Cotton, 2 Woolen)
- Warm Inner-wears
- Rain Coat / Poncho – 1 Nos.
- Handkerchief/towels – 1 Nos.
- Slippers – 1 Nos.
PROTECT YOUR FACE & HEAD
- UV sunglasses – 1 Nos.
- Caps – 2 Nos. (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woolen Cap)
- Balaclava – 1 Nos.
- Sunscreen Cream
- Body Lotion
- Lip Balm
- Toilet Paper & Wipes
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Quick Dry Towel
- Books (If you like reading)
- Music Instruments (Guitar, Flute)
TIPS TO MAKE THIS TRIP MEMORABLE:
- a) Appreciate Nature for everything it presents you
- b) Temporarily leave behind the comforts of city life
- c) Utilize the silence to search for answers within
- d) See the beauty in physical hardship and endure the vagaries of nature
- e) Connect with your inner voice
- f) Take a break from the connectivity of Social Media
TIPS TO MAKE THIS TRIP PLEASANT:
- a) Carry all the items mentioned in the list provided by SkyHikes.
- b) Begin some fitness exercises about a month before the trek. Use stairs in
- place of Elevators
- d) Be polite to everyone including the villagers, shop keeper and vehicle
- e) Carry loose change, so that you can pay the shopkeepers the exact
- f) Be on Time and don't keep people waiting for you.
- g) Apologize if you have caused any inconvenience to others.
Day-1 Arrive Manali
Day-2 Manali - Jobra (1.5hr drive) Chika (3-4hrs Trek)
Day-3 Chika - Balu ka Ghera (6- 7hrs trek)
Day-4 Balu ka Ghera- Hampta Pass- Shea Goru (7-8hrs trek)
Day-5 Shea Goru – Chhatru - Chandratal - Chhatru (4-5hrs Trek/ 6hrs drive both way)
Day-6 Chhatru - Manali (4-5hrs Drive)
Day 1 Day-1 Arrive Manali
You can take a Volvo from Delhi in the evening. In every 30 min there is one Volvo departs for Manali. A picture-perfect hill station situated at an altitude of 1929 meters above sea level. You can arrive anytime after 11 am in Manali and check in to guesthouse. You can also rent/buy trek gears from Mall road. Stay overnight at hotel. Meal - Dinner
Day 2 Day-2 Manali - Jobra (1.5hr drive) Chika (3-4hrs Trek)
After a good sleep we are gonna start our day with breakfast, there after we'll transfer to Jobra Nala to start the trek. From here start trek for Chika, today’s trek is a 2 hour easy ascent from 9700 ft to 10,400 ft through thick forest and crossing small bridge. While trekking we can see the Rani river on one side and a big rocky hill on the other. The trek passes through some of the most spectacular landscape. We'll reach our campsite by afternoon. get relaxed and take lunch. The evening is at leisure or take a stroll near campsite. Dinner & overnight camp at Chika. Meal - Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Day 3 Day-3 Chika - Balu ka Ghera (6- 7hrs trek)
A stiff trek of 6-7hrs. The next part to Jwara is a steep ascent of 3 km involving crossing several streams. The trail stays along the banks of the river for most part of the day. The initial climb involves a lot of boulder hopping. Walk along the Rani river into a valley dotted with tiny multi colored flowers until you reach Balu Ka Ghera. Balu Ka Ghera is a level ground made up of the sand and dust brought down by the river. Before you reach Balu Ka Ghera you will have to cross a river, so take off your shoes and enjoy the first river crossing on the trek. Pitch your tents and camp at Balu Ka Ghera, 12,411 feet above sea level. Balu ka Gera campsite is a flat ground amidst the mountains that you will cross the next day to reach the pass. Dinner & overnight camp. Meal - Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Day 4 Day-4 Balu ka Ghera- Hampta Pass- Shea Goru (7-8hrs trek)
We break camps early as today is a bit hectic day as we will trek for 8km approx all together. Today we will cross Hampta pass. Trekking in Hampta pass just drives you crazy as it is one of the most fabulous experiences you can have. It has so much natural beauty that cannot be explained in words. It is a perfect location to click some fabulous pictures. Today you will see a snow field which is covered with snow for almost entire part of the year. The climb to Hampta Pass is a vertical one and is a hard mount. By the time you reach there, you would be extremely tired but the site which enfolds in front of you is stunning. Enjoy for sometime in the pass, relish the beauty around, have your pakced lunch and then get ready for the next descend to Shea Goru. Reach Shea Goru by late afternoon. The Shea Goru camp site is also by the river side. Set your camps on the grounds and retire for the night with a feeling of contentment at the heart. Meal - Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Day 5 Day-5 Shea Goru – Chhatru - Chandratal - Chhatru (4-5hrs Trek/ 6hrs drive both way)
Today’s trek is approx 6 kms. Break camps early in the morning. After breakfast get ready for the trek and cross the river which can be seen from the campsite. Half of the trek is very easy which is a full of descend. After descending you will see the large valley of river Chandra. Reach Chhatru which is the road head. From Chhatru get into your pre-booked cab for a road journey to Chandrataal. Reach Chandrataal by late afternoon. Please note that the road to Chandratal is closed at times due to landslides or snow. In case the road is found closed the Chandrataal drive will not be done and we will camp at Chhatru. Meal - Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Day 6 Day-6 Chhatru - Manali (4-5hrs Drive)
Depart from Chhatru to Manali early morning by shared cabs. Tripsaa will arrange vehicles to drop you back to Manali. It will take about 4-6 hours to reach Manali depending on the condition of the roads. By late afternoon we will reach at Manali. Say good bye to Manali till next visit. Meal - Breakfast
Have Any Question?
Please feel free to contact me if you need any further information. Please let me know if you have any questions. I hope the above is useful
+91 83958 32222