Chopta Tungnath And Chandrashilla Trek
3 Days 2 Nights
Tungnath - Highest Temple of Lord Shiva, Tungnath peacefully adorned on the Chandranath Parvat is the highest Shiva temple in the world and the highest Panch Kedar temple of Uttarakhand. It is the third (Tritiya Kedar) in the pecking order of the Panch Kedar. Tungnath is perched at an elevation of 3, 680 meters above sea level and is considered to be more than 1,000 years old.
Why Visit Tungnath Temple?
Magnificent in its architecture and artistic structure, Tungnath Temple is considered to be more than 1000 years old. The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and a few other idols of Goddess Parvati and other gods can be seen in the vicinity. This sacred temple was discovered by Adi Shankaracharya and now the priest of this temple is a local Brahmin of Makku village. The symbolic image of Lord Shiva is moved to Mukunath during winters, situated 19kms away. The trek goes through rocky terrains, green meadows, and rhododendron bushes showering us with visual vistas of nature. The invigorating views of the imposing Himalayas boost confidence in the heart of the trekkers. Several named and unnamed peaks of the Himalayan range are distinctly visible from Tungnath.
- Accommodation During the trek.
- All Meals Veg (Organic Mountain Food).
- Campfire at Campsite if (Available)
- Trekking Permit & Forest Camping Charges
- Safety Equipment (First Aid, Medical Kit, Oxygen Cylinder, Etc.)
- Service of an expert trek leader
- Service of an expert trek team (Guides)
- Achievement Certificate
- Memories for a lifetime
5% GST Service tax.
Food during traveling from (Dehli to Chopta & Return)
Backpack offloading charges addition (Rs. 300/ Per Day/ Per Bag)
Personal expenses of any kind.
Anything apart from the inclusion.
- Backpack & Rain Cover (50-6literre)
- Day Pack & Rain Cover (2literlitre, If you a hire mule or porter)
- Milton Thermos (1ltr) (Avoid Bisleri Bottles)
- Hiking Shoes waterproof and with ankle support)
- Torch (With extra batteries)
- Glucose, ORS, Chocolates, biscuits, and dry fruits
- Personal Medical kit (If required)
- Original ID Card
- Trek Pants – 2 Nos. (Avoid Jeans, Shorts, Capri, and Fitting Denims)
- T-shirts – 4 Nos. (2 Full Sleeves, 2 Half Sleeves)
- Sweater – 2 Nos. (1 Fleece, 1 Woolen)
- Jacket – 2 Nos. (1 Fleece, 1 Down feather)
- Thermal Wear – 1 Nos.
- Gloves – 2 Nos. (1 Woolen, 1 Waterproof)
- Socks – 5 Nos. (3 Cotton, 2 Woolen)
- Warm Inner-wears
- Rain Coat / Poncho – 1 Nos.
- Handkerchief/towels – 1 Nos.
- Slippers – 1 Nos.
PROTECT YOUR FACE & HEAD
- UV sunglasses – 1 Nos.
- Caps – 2 Nos. (1 Sun Cap, 1 Woolen Cap)
- Balaclava – 1 Nos.
- Sunscreen Cream
- Body Lotion
- Lip Balm
- Toilet Paper & Wipes
- Tooth Brush & Paste
- Quick Dry Towel
- Books (If you like reading)
- Music Instruments (Guitar, Flute)
TIPS TO MAKE THIS TRIP MEMORABLE:
- a) Appreciate Nature for everything it presents you
- b) Temporarily leave behind the comforts of city life
- c) Utilize the silence to search for answers within
- d) See the beauty in physical hardship and endure the vagaries of nature
- e) Connect with your inner voice
- f) Take a break from the connectivity of Social Media
TIPS TO MAKE THIS TRIP PLEASANT:
- a) Carry all the items mentioned in the list provided by SkyHikes.
- b) Begin some fitness exercises about a month before the trek. Use stairs in
- place of Elevators
- d) Be polite to everyone including the villagers, shopkeepers, and vehicle
- e) Carry loose change, so that you can pay the shopkeepers the exact
- f) Be on Time and don't keep people waiting for you.
- g) Apologize if you have caused any inconvenience to others.
DAY 00: BOARDING AT DELHI & DRIVE TO CHOPTA (DRIVE 430 KM)
DAY 01: RISHIKESH - CHOPTA DRIVE
DAY 02 : CHOPTA - TUNGNATH - CHANDRASHILLA TREK (5 KM TREK) NIGHT STAY AT PHATA (DRIVE 55 KM)
DAY 03: DRIVE BACK TO DELHI (DRIVE 430 KM)
Day 1 DAY 00: BOARDING AT DELHI & DRIVE TO CHOPTA (DRIVE 430 KM)
Reporting venue is Akshardham metro Station, Assemble at the boarding point by 10 pm and start your night journey towards Chopta.
Day 2 DAY 01: RISHIKESH - CHOPTA DRIVE
The morning we will arrive in Rishikesh, Pitstop in Rishikesh in the morning from there continues the journey towards Chopta via Devprayag, Dharidevi, Rudraprayag, In the evening we will reach There and stay in Chopta campsite Meals: SNACKS, DINNER
Day 3 DAY 02 : CHOPTA - TUNGNATH - CHANDRASHILLA TREK (5 KM TREK) NIGHT STAY AT PHATA (DRIVE 55 KM)
Wake up early in the morning and get ready for the trek. After breakfast head towards Tungnath Chandrashilla Trek, The Highest Shiv Temple in the world, Reach Tungnath after trekking 5 km on the snowy mountains & pay your respect at the highest abode of Lord Shiva, After That will trek ahead to Chandrashilla Peak. Come back to the campsite by Noon, and night stay in Chopta Campsite. Meals: Breakfast, Packed Lunch, Snacks, Dinner
Day 4 DAY 03: DRIVE BACK TO DELHI (DRIVE 430 KM)
Wake up to a peaceful mountain morning and post breakfast, and we start our drive back to Delhi (430km) after full day journey. back to delhi with gret beautiful memories with us.
Have Any Question?
Please feel free to contact me if you need any further information. Please let me know if you have any questions. I hope the above is useful
+91 83958 32222
Easy To Moderate
Easy To Moderate
Moderate To Difficult
Easy To Moderate
Easy To Moderate